Best at hire is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information from which you can be identified whilst using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Best at hire may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 7th August 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Contact information including telephone and email address
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
- Other information such as what products you have enquired about through the website
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a service.
- Supply to our agents, staff and approved third parties to carry out tool hire services for us.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To notify you of any changes to this website or our services with may effect you.
Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with your customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible please contact us on the address below.
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Best at hire’s web site, or an embedded component from a trusted partner may automatically create a 'cookie' when you visit us.
A 'cookie' is a piece of information that is held on your PC, which enables our website to recognise you on subsequent visits and allows us to tailor your visit to your specific requirements.
We use third-party site usage tracking companies to analyse your Site visit. In the course of serving our pages, these third parties may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to the Site and other Web sites in order to help us understand how to serve you better.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can read more about cookies and their use at the Interactive Advertising Bureau's dedicated website: www.allaboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you make an enquiry to hire an item through Best at hire you will be able to opt out to receive marketing communications from Best at hire.
- You will be able to update your personal data and opt in preferences by either contacting us or from an unsubscribe link at the bottom of email marketing communications we send you.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Best at hire Ltd, 2 Victoria square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 4EU. United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.