Silent, Diesel and Petrol Generators
For generator hire visit Best at hire, your national tool hire centre.
Planning to hire a generator as a standby, or as a main generator for use on site or at an outdoor event? Browse our growing range of electric generators, including reliable, high performance diesel-powered and petrol-powered generators.
Generators are used to supply electrical power in remote locations where a mains supply is not an option – and they are also used as a back up supply in case of a mains power cut. Generators convert mechanical energy into electrical energy in order to deliver electricity whenever and wherever it is needed.
Our range includes robust outdoor generator / marquee generator hire well-suited to weddings and other events; standby or back-up generator hire that can support a main generator in case of failure, or offer backup if there is a mains power outage; and IT-sensitive or silent generator hire that is ideal for domestic and office use where you need to run equipment such as laptops on a stable voltage. If you are not sure which type you require, or would like to ask for some advice, please call us.
Correct use of generators
Consider the following factors when selecting and using a generator:
- Wattage: Calculate the wattage required. This will depend on the type and quantity of appliances or power tools you need to supply. Plug in items one at a time to check the generator can cope, and avoid overloading it by running too many items off it simultaneously.
- Locate the generator somewhere convenient: Choose a handy, easily accessible location for your generator so you can easily get to it in an emergency – and ensure you have a torch to hand in case it is dark.
- Test it before an emergency arises: Test a standby generator when it is not needed to ensure you know how to run it if or when the situation arises.
- Charging: Remember to keep generators with an electric start fully charged whenever you might need them.
- Give the generator an occasional run when not in use for extended periods: this will keep the engine lubricated so it starts and runs well if you do need it.
- Ensure you have enough fuel: Always have a back up supply of fuel just in case.
Superb hire prices on high quality generators
You can simply go ahead and hire online now, or call our friendly team of experts on 0844 288 8088 for some help choosing the right product for you.
Pick up your chosen generators from our nearest depot, picking from locations right across the UK, or ask us about our fast delivery options – with many generators available for delivery nationwide the next day.