How to tackle the 15 most common carpet stains and spillages ?
Date posted: 18 December 2014
If you have carpets and upholstery, then it’s important to keep them well maintained and clean as when they get dirty or neglected , then this can lead to not only a worsening of symptoms for people who suffer from allergies and asthma but also an increase in the types of bacteria and allergens found surviving in the carpets.
This has been proven in many studies including one from the NHS which states that the NoraVirus has been found to survive in a contaminated carpet for up to 12 days !
At Best at hire, we identified the most common spillages on carpets and upholstery and put together a comprehensive guide to help get rid of them.
Accidents happen all the time and If you rush in and scrub at a stain without the right materials , it could just end up making the problem worse so it is well worth having the following items readily available in your kitchen cupboard just in case of any spillages:
- A clean, white absorbent cloth
- A dry cleaning solution (surgical spirit)
- A detergent solution (take one teaspoonful of gentle detergent designed for washing wool and mix it with half a pint of warm water)
- A detergent vinegar solution (take one teaspoonful of white vinegar and add to the detergent solution above)
- An ammonia solution (take one teaspoonful of branded household ammonia, which can be bought at DIY shops, and add to a cup of warm water)
Common Spillages and how to treat them ?
Blood , Vomit ,Urine and Faeces stains:
- To avoid getting unpleasant smells from these types of accidents , see our cleaning guides which will help you to quickly and easily remove Urine , Vomit , Faeces and Blood Stains.
Food Stains :
- Whether you managed to get chewing gum stuck on your carpet or spilt Ketchup all over your upholstery , we can help to make it disappear .
Other Types of Stains and Spillages :
- Easy removal for Nail Polish and Lipstick marks.
- How to remove pen marks from carpets , notably ink or Crayon.
- Removing Paint Spillages or Rust marks from Carpets.
- How to remove Mould and mildew marks.
- Removing Oil and Grease Marks from your carpets.
Drink Spillages on the Carpet:
If you still have problems removing the stain you may want to consider renting one of our DIY professional carpet cleaners. We stock a wide range of cleaning machines and dryers from brands such as Truvox and Karcher, that can be delivered the next day, directly to your door.
We also have an extensive range of cleaning fluids suitable for tackling the most stubborn of stains. Call us today to speak to an expert.
Related Cleaning Articles
- How to use a Karcher domestic carpet cleaner.
- How to use the Hydromist compact industrial carpet cleaner.
- Dust mites, asthma and allergies: Steps you can take to reduce the symptoms
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (3)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (5)
- November 2016 (20)
- May 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (3)
- October 2015 (7)
- August 2015 (9)
- July 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (17)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (10)
- November 2014 (4)
- April 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (3)
- February 2014 (2)
- January 2014 (6)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (3)
- October 2013 (6)
- September 2013 (5)
- August 2013 (2)
- June 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (8)
- August 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (5)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (14)
- September 2011 (4)
- November 2010 (2)
- July 2010 (1)