Electric Lawn Scarifier
|Same Day Return||+ Day||Weekend||Weekly|
|Item:||Electric Lawn Scarifier|
Included in Price
- RCD Industrial Power Breaker
- Electric Lead
- Grass Collection Bag
This electric lawn scarifier (also known as a Lawn Rake) is a superb choice for domestic customers who want to achieve a full, healthy lawn quickly and easily. Lawn scarifiers or lawn rakes provide a quick and easy solution for removing moss, weeds and matted grass cuttings / thatch, helping to encourage thicker new growth - without damaging your existing healthy grass.
This tool makes scarifying a far less time- and energy-consuming task than it would be using a manual rake. The machine's tough, hard-working blades turn the grass as you walk along with it, gently teasing out the thatch to leave behind a debris-free, rejuvenated lawn.
- Based On: Flymo Lawnrake Compact 3400
- This scarifier has 6 raking heights
- Large 34 litre collection box
- Power: 750w
- Cutting Width: 34cm
- Cutting Height Adjustment: Central
- Collector Volume: 34l
- Weight: 12.3kg
- Sound Power Level, Guaranteed (LWA): 95dB(A)
- Sound Pressure Level At Operators Ear: 78.4dB(A)
- Vibrations Handlebar: 1.87m/s²
For professional results, only scarify your lawn when the weather is warm and when there is some rain. If you risk scarifying your lawn in extreme weather conditions such as heavy rain or drought, you could damage it rather than encourage thicker growth.
Always wear the necessary safety gear when you are using the equipment. We stock safety helmets, goggles, ear defenders, drop down visors, heavy duty anti slip gloves and hi-vis waistcoats. Should you want them, these can be added to your basket at checkout or over the phone.
PRODUCT CODE: 140175
All prices are in GBP and exclude VAT and Damage Waiver
Hire periods explained
- Same day return - The item must be returned before we close at 17.00 hours on the same business day.
- + Day - This is the rate for an Additional Day of hire.
- Weekend - The weekend rate covers Friday 12pm to Monday 12pm.
- Weekly - The maximum rate for each 7 day period.
- Items are available for longer term hire. Please enquire.
What preparation do I need to do before I start using the scarifier?
- Make sure any long grass has been cut and that the area to be raked has been cleared. This includes removing sticks, stones, washing line and any garden furniture.
Can I scarify if the grass is wet?
- No as the scarifier may end up pulling the grass up as opposed to just removing the thatch.
What Setting do I need to put the scarify on?
Positions 1 to 2
- This low setting should only be used to collect material from the base of the lawn. It's ideal for removing moss and thatch.
Positions 3 to 4
- The medium setting should be used for moderate raking. It's ideal for lifting flattered grass, before mowing and for collecting grass cuttings after mowing. It can also be used for the light raking of moss and thatch
Positions 5 to 6
- This is the highest settings and is used for light raking. It's ideal for collecting light debris such as fallen leaves, twigs and grass cuttings without damaging the grass.
Any other safety tips?
- Always wear the necessary safety gear when you are using the equipment. We stock safety helmets, goggles, ear defenders, drop down visors, heavy duty anti slip gloves and hi-vis waistcoats. Should you want them, these can be added to your basket at checkout or over the phone.
- Always use an RCD with an electric scarifier to reduce any risk of electric shock.
- Start with the lawn rake at the edge of the lawn close to the powerpoint and work away from the powerpoint.
- Keep the power supply cable clear of the scarifier by draping it over your shoulder.
Get a Quote
Your enquiry will be sent directly to the hire team and we will be in contact shortly. If your enquiry is urgent please call us.