For floor sander hire visit Best at hire, your National tool hire centre.
Floor sanding removes the top surfaces of a wooden floor by sanding it back with abrasive materials, and it is a popular method of restoring old boards ready for painting or varnishing – creating a beautiful, finished floor surface.
By sanding back original floor boards instead of buying expensive new flooring you can save yourself money and create a warm, welcoming room. It can be a tough job, however – but with the right type of floor sanding equipment you can make lighter work of it and achieve fantastic results.
We hire floor sanders to trade and domestic customers, with a comprehensive range to suit different tasks – from compact, hand-held electric multi sander tools to random orbital sanders, edging sanders and heavy duty belt sanders.
Preparaing the room for sanding
- Before you hire your floor sander and edging sander, remove old floor coverings and move curtains, furniture and soft furnishings out of the room. Cover anything that must remain in the room using dust sheets.
- Open your windows and outside doors, vacuum the floor, and gather together all the tools and materials you need for the job.
- Seal off internal doors using masking tape to prevent dust spreading through the property.
- Get rid of rotten or damaged boards, replacing them with new ones. Get rid of larger gaps between boards either by prising them up and shifting them all along, or by filling the gap with a small sliver of timber secured with glue and nails. Wood filler will fix up any small flaws.
- Check for any raised nails, using a nail punch to flatten them down.
You are now ready to hire a floor sander. Follow the floor sander manufacturer’s instructions carefully to operate the machine properly, using an appropriate grade of sanding sheet according to the state of your boards. Sand the floor following the direction of the wood grain, or at a 45-degree angle to the grain, avoiding any lurching actions that could damage the wood, keeping the sander moving all the time. Once you have sanded the floor, seal it to help protect it from spills and other damage using either floor-grade paint or varnish.
Access our national network of tool hire depots
Hire online or call us now on 0344 288 8088 for advice about the best floor sander to hire for your DIY or trade jobs.
With a nationwide network of hire depots, you can pick up your hire equipment from your nearest location, or take advantage of our UK-wide delivery service, with many items available the next day. We can also offer trade accounts – please just ask of member of our team if you are interested.