Concrete Tools & Compaction Equipment
For concrete tools and compaction equipment hire , visit Best at hire, your National tool hire centre.
You can achieve professional results when you are working with concrete, in a trade or a domestic setting, by hiring quality concrete and compaction equipment at competitive rental rates.
We offer cement mixer hire, concrete mixer hire, concrete finishing tools, vibration plate and wacker plate hire, and many other tools – all available from a handy nationwide network of hire depots, or delivered to your door.
Preparing a subbase
Before you pour concrete you need to have a stable subbase and a 'form'. Here are the basic steps:
- Clear the area of old concrete or other debris such as stones, plants or grass, leaving exposed raw earth.
- Create a subbase. Sometimes you only need compacted soil as the subbase, but if the surface is going to bear heavy weights you will need fine stones to offer greater stability. Hire plate compactors or vibration plates to ensure your subbase is compacted properly.
- Create the form around the pouring site's perimeter. Usually this is made of wood, and you can add wire mesh inside for extra strength if the concrete will be bearing heavy loads.
- Mix the concrete using a hired concrete mixer, adding the minimum amount of water (the drier the mix, the less crack prone the concrete will be).
Pouring, sealing & curing your concrete
- Pour the concrete mix into your form, shovelling and raking to spread it out; screed the surface; then float it, drawing the 'cream' up to the top.
- Create traction by brushing a broom over the surface to add texture.
- Cure the concrete. Do this by creating a moisture-retaining barrier over the surface, either using plastic sheeting or a chemical curing compound.
- Protect your fresh concrete from extreme weather for at least three but preferably seven days.
High quality concrete tools & compaction equipment at competitive rates
Hire a wacker plate, a cement or concrete mixer, or any other concrete and compaction equipment from us online, or call 0344 288 8088 to talk to a member of our team. We can also create a trade account if you would like us to. Collect your concrete finishing tools from your nearest depot, choosing from a national network of convenient locations, or ask for us to deliver to anywhere in the UK – with many items available the next day.